Here are just some of the delicious foods you can eat on a Paleo diet:
- Healthy fats (including but not limited to olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil and animal fats)
These are the foods to avoid:
- Processed food and sugars
If you’re following a traditional Paleo diet then as a rule you should also omit dairy from your diet. If you’re following the ‘primal’ variant of Paleo then consider dairy in moderation. It’s better to eliminate dairy when first starting a Paleo diet and then reintroduce it to see how well you can tolerate it. Try strict Paleo dairy-free for thirty days before reintroducing dairy.
Unlike the dietary side of Paleo there isn’t a ‘one size fits all’ approach to Paleo fitness, but there are general principles we’d recommend adhering to.
- Lift heavy things (either bodyweight or weights)
- Move frequently at a slow pace (walking)
- Incorporate a weekly sprint into your workout routine
- Avoid chronic cardio (long duration steady state training done at 80 to 85% of Max Heart Rate)
- Find a workout you enjoy/have some FUN (if you don’t enjoy it you’re unlikely to stick to it) – this is so important, we cannot emphasise it enough
- Don’t burnout
Articles and interviews on Paleo Minds will delve into what exactly a Paleo lifestyle entails. Here are just some of the areas we’ll cover:
- Sun exposure
- Minimising and managing stress
- Maintaining a healthy work-life balance