In this episode Evan Brand, host of the Not Just Paleo Podcast, talks about supplementation, his role at Onnit, how to achieve a good night’s sleep, why we should make getting out into the natural environment a priority, Paleo on a budget and much more.
- [04:30] Interview start/who is Evan Brand and what does he do?
- [08:15] Essential supplementation for general health and for those suffering from illnesses
- [12:10] Determining which brands to take and which brands to avoid when choosing supplements
- [14:00] Evan’s involvement with and job at Onnit – Product Development and Research
- [16:20] Onnit’s product line and recommendations
- [18:30] Allergens and autoimmune considerations
- [20:10] Evan’s current fitness routine
- [22:05] Going beyond Paleo and the Not Just Paleo Podcast
- [25:10] The benefits and downfall of technology
- [27:10] Blocking out blue light
- [28:30] REM Rehab
- [31:30] Troubleshooting for sleep issues
- [33:25] Not Just Paleo Wellness Programme
- [37:35] Electro-magnetic frequencies/pollution
- [39:34] Getting out into the natural environment and making it a priority in life
- [43:20] Dairy and coffee
- [45:10] Alternatives to coffee to kick-start the morning
- [48:20] Paleo on a budget
- [51:35] Himalayan salt
- [53:22] Future projects and the direction of the Not Just Paleo Podcast
- [56:10] Leaving your day job
- [57:40] Services that Evan offers
- [01:01:00] Other professionals to seek out within the Paleo community
- [01:02:05] Takeaway points and final thoughts
Not Just Paleo website
Not Just Paleo Podcast
Not Just Paleo Wellness Program
Not Just Paleo Coaching and Nutritional Therapy
D Minder in the Apple App Store
Beverly Meyer – On Diet and Health
Buy the Paleo Minds Podcast Theme ‘Lock, Load, Aim, Fire (Hard Mix)’ by John Costello
Sponsors & Affiliates
To help pay for website and podcast costs such as hosting we have a number of sponsors and affiliate links that kickback a little money every time you click through and make a purchase. These are products we use and trust, we would never promote anything we didn’t believe in.
We’ve teamed up with Robb Wolf to offer you a great deal on kickstarting your Paleo journey today. Robb Wolf is perhaps the most recognisable name in the Paleo universe and has put together three affordable guides to really level up your health: The 30 Day Paleo Transformation, The Paleo on a Budget Guide and The Paleo Dining Out Guide.
When you buy one of these great guides you’ll also be helping us as Robb kicks back some of the proceeds to us. So why not transform your health and keep Paleo Minds afloat today?
The Primal Blueprint
Given that Mark Sisson and The Primal Blueprint kick-started my journey into Paleo it seems only right that I point readers in the direction of some of the great products that The Primal Blueprint offers.
Firstly, there’s the Primal Essentials Kit which includes the three supplements Mark Sisson recommends to complement a Paleo lifestyle: probiotics, vitamin D and fish oil.
Next is The Primal Blueprint Expert Certification course. Having become Paleo back in 2010 I recently began The Primal Blueprint Expert Certification course in a bid to deepen my Paleo knowledge and begin my journey into what I hope will be a life-long education in nutritional science and ancestral health. So far The Primal Blueprint Expert Certification hasn’t disappointed and I strongly recommend The Primal Blueprint Expert Certification to anyone working in the nutrition, fitness or ancestral health community. This certification will not only expand your knowledge but provide you with a strong seal of approval from the most famous Paleo resource in the world, Mark’s Daily Apple and The Primal Blueprint. Just click the link below.
We recently interviewed Not Just Paleo podcast host and Onnit expert Evan Brand. He told us about his involvement with Onnit who provide a series of supplements, training equipment and even qualifications for those looking to become fitness trainers via the Onnit Academy Certification. I love Onnit’s line of fitness equipment, from wall balls to steel bells to kettlebells to battle ropes. Onnit’s fitness equipment will help you get into shape and ‘lift heavy things’ as per the Paleo prescription and their equipment is always of a high quality.