In this episode Michael Dally, founder of EarthRunners, talks about barefoot living, running, morning rituals and much more.
I have always had an interest in how things work along with and a curiosity of the phenomena that make up our human experience. These traits have naturally steered me in the direction of health, fitness, and engineering.
I grew up playing soccer which evolved into a passion for running and the outdoors. Throughout my childhood I found much enthusiasm in my creative projects and knew that this type of lifestyle would not only yield the most happiness for me but also provide an outlet for me to share my gifts. I studied mechanical engineering at San Diego State University where I developed my skills and focused my dreams. While in college I was constantly refining my work and exercise regimen in an attempt to find homeostasis. I quickly learned that trail running was the key factor in my routine that allowed me to harmonize my lifestyle. In my free time if I wasn’t out in nature I was researching ways to optimize my health and way of life. After graduating I took a year off to find out what was most important to me.
During this time I was fortunate to receive inspiration to develop Earth Runners, which has given me the opportunity to unite my skills and passion into a career that I am excited to share with the world!
Favorite sandals: The Alphas are my favorite compromise of function and comfort.
MICHAEL DALLY, FOUNDER OF EARTHRUNNERS
- [00:55] Minimalism
- [03:20] Fitness routine
- [12:45] Office work and minimising a sedentary lifestyle
- [29:55] Morning rituals
- [36:05] Non-fiction books and podcast recommendations
- [49:30] Product recommendations
- [56:42] New products
- PM 004: Michael Dally on EarthRunners, Barefoot, Earthing and Minimalist Footwear
- EarthRunners on YouTube
- Al Kavadlo Interview: Progressive Calisthenics and Strength Training
- PM 001: Evan Brand on Supplementation, Sleep and Paleo on a Budget
- Raising The Bar by Al Kavadlo (UK)
- Raising The Bar by Al Kavadlo (US)
- Stretching Your Boundaries: Flexibility Training for Extreme Calisthenic Strength by Al Kavadlo (UK)
- Stretching Your Boundaries: Flexibility Training for Extreme Calisthenic Strength by Al Kavadlo (US)
- Al Kavadlo YouTube Channel
- Pavel Tsatsouline on the Science of Strength and the Art of Physical Performance
- The Naked Warrior: Master the Secrets of the Super-Strong, Using Bodyweight Exercises Only by Pavel Tsatsouline (UK)
- The Naked Warrior: Master the Secrets of the Super-Strong, Using Bodyweight Exercises Only by Pavel Tsatsouline (US)
- Dave Asprey – Bulletproof Executive
- Plant Spirit Medicine by Eliot Cowan (UK)
- Plant Spirit Medicine by Eliot Cowan (US)
- The Joe Rogan Experience #601 Katy Bowman
- ReWild Yourself! Podcast
- The 4-Hour Chef by Tim Ferriss (UK)
- The 4-Hour Chef by Tim Ferriss (US)
- Buy the Paleo Minds Podcast Theme ‘Lock, Load, Aim, Fire (Hard Mix)’ by John Costello
Sponsors & Affiliates
To help pay for website and podcast costs such as hosting we have a number of sponsors and affiliate links that kickback a little money every time you click through and make a purchase. These are products we use and trust, we would never promote anything we didn’t believe in.
We’ve teamed up with Robb Wolf to offer you a great deal on kickstarting your Paleo journey today. Robb Wolf is perhaps the most recognisable name in the Paleo universe and has put together three affordable guides to really level up your health: The 30 Day Paleo Transformation, The Paleo on a Budget Guide and The Paleo Dining Out Guide.
When you buy one of these great guides you’ll also be helping us as Robb kicks back some of the proceeds to us. So why not transform your health and keep Paleo Minds afloat today?
The Primal Blueprint
Given that Mark Sisson and The Primal Blueprint kick-started my journey into Paleo it seems only right that I point readers in the direction of some of the great products that The Primal Blueprint offers.
Firstly, there’s the Primal Essentials Kit which includes the three supplements Mark Sisson recommends to complement a Paleo lifestyle: probiotics, vitamin D and fish oil.
Next is The Primal Blueprint Expert Certification course. Having become Paleo back in 2010 I recently began The Primal Blueprint Expert Certification course in a bid to deepen my Paleo knowledge and begin my journey into what I hope will be a life-long education in nutritional science and ancestral health. So far The Primal Blueprint Expert Certification hasn’t disappointed and I strongly recommend The Primal Blueprint Expert Certification to anyone working in the nutrition, fitness or ancestral health community. This certification will not only expand your knowledge but provide you with a strong seal of approval from the most famous Paleo resource in the world, Mark’s Daily Apple and The Primal Blueprint. Just click the link below.
We recently interviewed Not Just Paleo podcast host and Onnit expert Evan Brand. He told us about his involvement with Onnit who provide a series of supplements, training equipment and even qualifications for those looking to become fitness trainers via the Onnit Academy Certification. I love Onnit’s line of fitness equipment, from wall balls to steel bells to kettlebells to battle ropes. Onnit’s fitness equipment will help you get into shape and ‘lift heavy things’ as per the Paleo prescription and their equipment is always of a high quality.